Garnatz and Grovender, Inc.
Fortran ResourcesBack to G&G Inc's home page.
Fortran77 and Fortran90 Training
Garnatz and Grovender, Inc. specializes in Fortran and other language training. Check out our on-site course offerings.
Program conversion services using Fortran77 and Fortran90 are available.
Several projects in recent years have involved "database" type applications, but a standard database manager was too slow or too expensive to be used, so customized solutions were created. The keyed file program modules listed below are the building blocks used for some of those efforts.
Contact G&G Inc. if you are looking programming expertise.
Questions? Comments? Need more information? Send a request to G&G Inc.
Fortran90 keyed file shareware
Some people spend thousands of dollars on a fancy database manager, when all they need is a reasonable indexed file handler. Our products provide the building blocks for Fortran 90 programmers to create three different kinds of key-only or key and sequential access files. Current versions support any standard Fortran90 compiler, plus Lahey's elf90 and Imagine1's "F" compilers, which are subsets of Fortran90.
Fortran77 keyed file shareware
- isf110.f90 - Source code for the indexed sequential "isam / vsam / btree" Fortran90 module. Each record is stored by key, Either sequential or user-supplied key retrivies records. It is interesting to note that this file structure internally uses two copies of pkf - one for the index and one for the data. Version 1.10. Indexed sequential basic documentation and shareware license.
- pkf110.f90 - Source code for a positional key Fortran90 module. A system-supplied record number stores and retrieves each record. Version 1.10. Positional key basic documentation and shareware license.
- air110.f90 - An example program using isf.f90. Given a three letter airport code, looks up the city and country; if no exact match is found, gives some nearby (alphabetically) alternatives.
- hkf110.f90 - A "hashed-key" file organization, Fortran90 source code module. Allow a programmer to read and write records with an user supplied key. Hashed key basic documentation and shareware license.
- airh110.f90 - A sample program to use the "hashed-key" file organization.
- airport codes - A file of sample data for the various air.f90/airh.f90/airh.f77 programs. Compressed file of airport data. A Java applet to access data from this file.
For users who register and pay a license fee, A sample program that does multiple key access, and the supporting module, are available.
A Fortran 90 Interface to the Window System FREE!
- pkf77.f - Source code for the positional key file type written in Fortran77. Similar to the Fortran90 module above, but needs more customizing for various applications. Version 1.03. Positional key basic documentation and shareware license.
- hkf77.f - A "hashed-key" file organization, Fortran77 source code file. Similar to the Fortran90 module above, but needs more customizing. Version 1.01. Hashed key basic documentation and shareware license.
- airh.f77 - A sample program to use the "hashed-key" file organization.
Current versions support any Fortran90 standard compiler, plus Imagine1's "F" compiler, and long pointers on DEC AXP systems.
- xlib.f90 - Source code module to make X Window System calls from Fortran90. Warning: this is VERY developmental and not complete, just enough pieces are coded to run the "Asteroids" test program below.
- xlibf90.c - Source code for the necessary bridge routines for Fortran90 to call the X Window System, written in C. Warning: as above, this is not complete.
- ast.f90 - Source code for a X Window System program to try out the interfaces above, written in Fortran90. This is an implementation of the old "Asteroids" arcade game.
- FAQ for f90-Xlib Interface - Frequently asked questions and answers.
An excellent source of Fortran90 software is the NAG Software repository.
Another excellent source of Fortran90 mathematical software is the Alan Miller's web pages at CSIRO in Australia.
Information on the Lahey elf90 compiler can be found at the Lahey web site.
Information on the Imagine1 "F" language compiler can be found at the Imagine1 web site.
The Fortran Market is another good place to look for Fortran90 related products and services.
RealWin, A Windows 95/NT library package can be found at the IndowsWay web page.
Garnatz and Grovender, Inc.
17 South 1st Street, Apt A1202
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401-1831 USA
Copyright © 1997, 2017 Garnatz and Grovender, Inc.